Re: Repairs underway at long last....

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Repairs underway at long last....
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:30:57 -0500
Cc: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
This past Fall, when my wife's '66 went "bang" and stopped, the culprit
was a broken axle.  You should check to be sure.

The shifting movements should not be so changeable with the engine off.
That is, if wheels on the ground, clutch engaged, gentle fore and aft
rocking of the car should allow it to slide in to any gear.  When I have
one on the workbench, I can shift it to every gear.  Of course, gentle
rocking will have no effect if an axle is broken.

You could have multiple issues.

Jim