Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Repairs underway at long last....

To: Larry Daniels <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Repairs underway at long last....
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:38:38 -0500
Cc: spridgets-digest@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Larry Daniels wrote:

> When asked if that means cheap after-market junk, she snickered and said not
> necessarily junk.

I used a new in the box clutch set up that came with a car.
Plain brown box with a white label. It looked OK. It lasted damn near 3
days. The pressure plate took a crap, the inside retaining ring fell out
thus ending the P/plate's spring. So out with the engine and toss in a
real clutch.
I didn't buy it. I just sort of "had it hanging around"
There is some junk out there.
The new MG badge that came with my current project Midget was brand new
and in a little mo$$ bag for at least 12 years. I installed it, stood
back and admired it. 20 minutes later CHINK, I said WTH was that? It was
the enamel part of the badge falling to the floor as it came off the
screw peg. In a bag for years, on the car for minutes.
Now imagine all the parts for modern cars from ching, chang,& wang
(formally Manny, Moe & Jack) that last damn near all day!
Yeah, I even get my wiper blades for my Fords from Peter.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ