Re: Bugeye Rear Springs

To: Allen Kramer <kramer.allen@comcast.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Rear Springs
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 16:34:58 GMT
Hi, Allen...

I'm pretty sure UK's AH Spares (handled by
www.justbrits.com ...our buddy, Eduardo:) would have "newbies", just as I am
sure the
old ones can be re-furbished by a proper shop.

However, since you're at this point, you may want to consider the Frog's stock
springs "oversprung" the tail....overly stiff,
both for ride AND best handling.

www.speedwellengineering.com carry's a
competition rear spring, which is SOFTER than stock, more in keeping with the
light
weight back there. However, I am not sure
as to ride height....this must be checked with Colby. I think it's a two leaf
affair.

OTOH, if you find a shop to refurbish those
you have, have a couple of the leaves removed for a softer ride, while they
"re-arch" what's left for stock ride height.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog

"oversprung".

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)