Re: Dismount tire on wire wheel

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Dismount tire on wire wheel
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:49:09 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Joe Lansing wrote:

> Is there any special procedure to dismount a tire off
> a wire wheel? Can I trust the chain tire stores to do
> tires on my ww's?

Make sure they know what they are doing.
And balancing it is different too.
As long as the center of the tire machine does not spin (strip the hub)
you are OK. Most newer tire machines do not use the spin the middle anymore.
For balancing, there is a picture of what not to do on the wire wheel
page of the vic brit catalog.

To dismount it yourself, use a bottle jack on the tire edge and stick
the whole works under you most heavy vehicle (F 350 dually works well ;)
And jack up the car, or should I say, jack DOWN the tire off the rim.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ