The 68 Midget damages are now mostly known

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The 68 Midget damages are now mostly known
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 04:33:58 -0600
Well, the engine is out and the damage pretty obvious.

It looks as if the pilot bushing did a self destruct and bits of it
wiped out the clutch plate. I've never seen a clutch plate so
badly torn up!  There isn't a bit of the facing ring still intact.
the metal between the clutch plate core (with the springs)
and the clutch facing is torn to bits all the way around.

The flywheel face looks fine though the ring gear is a bit worn.
The pressure plate also looks okay as does the throw-out
bearing.

Anyway, will replace it all including the pilot bushing and
will also put new front and rear mainseals in the engine and
a new pan gasket. I'm going to clean out the engine bay
a bit and put some paint on it too. Just to clean things
up a bit.

Cheers!!
Jim - Clutchless Midget in Dodge City
--