Re: Datsun Transmission Woes

To: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Datsun Transmission Woes
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:41:35 -0800 (PST)
Rivergate offers a rebuild kit that includes bearings, syncros, seals and such.
I'm sure Morrisservice offers the same. I think that you should take the trans
apart to see what's really wrong, before you scrap this one. If you talk to
Paul A or Rivergate, they can tell you where to get gears shafts etc.
  Good luck!
  Roer Cotting
Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net> wrote:

. Well, I talked to a transmission re-builder
here in San Bernardino that came highly recommended. He seemed to be
quite familiar with these transmissions and told me to start looking
for a new one. He said all the gears were spinning on the main shaft
in neutral and I welded the first gear to the shaft with no oil in
the trans. He also said start looking for another transmission
because any parts that would have to be replaced would come from
another used transmission as there are no replacement parts for these
transmissions, except bearings and such.

Roger Cotting