Re: Blowing off steam

To: b-evans@earthlink.net, spritenut@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Blowing off steam
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:05:39 EST
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
In a message dated 1/28/2006 9:11:34 PM Mountain Standard Time,
b-evans@earthlink.net writes:

Such a  pity.  People accept the the slope and crap from Home Disaster,
Lowes, and OSH because they don't remember anything else.
Unfortunately, I can remember the great hardware stores that had drawers
from floor to ceiling, a musty smell to the entire building, and the
owners were embarassed when something broke.

Sorry, but today was  not a good day thanks to Frank's buddies.

Buster  Evans

I just sent my own Home Despot rant before I read this Buster.   I really
don't know where to buy decent lumber any more.  The lumber yard  in Ruidoso,
NM
where I am still building the cabin (15 year project so far)  carrys kindling
they call lumber.  You can generally pick through the 2x  stuff and find
enough to do joists, rafters, and studs, but forget the 1x  trim.  We actually
have
to drive 45 miles to a HD or Lowes to find the  "good stuff", which is just
better kindling.  At least it's not cracked  through and doesn't still have
bark on one edge.

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"