NO LBC - Home Defect Rant...

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: NO LBC - Home Defect Rant...
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:57:29 EST
Some of you probably know I have a cabin in the mountains of NM, near
Ruidoso.  I convinced my cousin Don to buy a ramshackle cabin near mine and
for the
last few months we have been rennovating it.

A couple of weeks ago he came out and we put a metal roof on it, and on the
way back to my home near El Paso stopped in Alamagordo, NM at the new Home
Depot.  They had some special order 5.0 x 4.0 windows that had been  returned
on
sale.  Being "we tight" we asked for abetter deal and sure  enough last
Tuesday they called and offered them to my cousin for 75% off.

He lives in Dallas and when the called told them he would take them but
couldn'tpick them up until Friday afternoon.  He offered to prepay with a
credit
card, but they said it wasn't necessary, they'd hold them.  He  called back
Thursday and they said, "your name is on them, don't worry".

Can you guess where this is going?  After driving 600+ miles Friday,  he
arrived at Home Depot to be told, "Sorry, we sold them to someone else.   We
cant
hold things unless  you pay for them".

POS bunch of A holes!  He's writing a letter of compaint but doesn't  expect
any satisfaction.

We've both spent literally thousands of dollars at Home Depot buying
materials for these cabins, but no more I assure you.  I've had problems at
Lowes
before, but they've always fixed the problems.  I think I will send
photocopies
of all my Lowes receipts to the president of HD every time I buy  something
from now on.

Just had to vent folks....

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"