Re: pressing piston pins

To: "Bob Walker" <spriteracer98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: pressing piston pins
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:49:00 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
You're right of course, I mis-typed that they heat the piston. The rod is put into the little oven.
I've never tried to do it myself, but as I said, the ring gear went so smoothly that I could imagine trying it on a 1275 rod. I've got several old pistons I could experiment with, but not a single extra rod.

Glen

You like to live dangerously! Want to buy another set of
pistons? Actually, the wrist pin is a snug slip fit in the
piston and a press fit [1275, do not know on the 1098] thru
the rod. The press fit bit is a one shot deal. You need to
work fast and get the pin correctly centered on the rod. No
second chance at all!
Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air