Re: FROG AYE progress report. Longish. Real Spridget content

To: Hal Faulkner <hal@katemuir.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FROG AYE progress report. Longish. Real Spridget content
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 06:15:40 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Anybody out there..."

Yeah. For the A arms you might trade yours in against pre-drilled rebuilts from
Ed at Just Brits. He carries the later ones with a double grease fitting (fore
& aft) at the small ends for greater service life.

The VP3 or better SPVP3 is a real street burner for a 1275. For best advice on
this
cam in the longer stroke 1098 I'd speak to David Anton. Your 1098 at 60 over is
gonna
be a lot more "square" than the stock 1098
so I'm assuming this cam will receive his
blessing.

Pair it with oversize Rimflow inlets and 1.5's
along with a decent better flowing carb set-up/header, a slightly lightened
flywheel, etc. and it should go like hell while remaining tractable for the
street.

I ran my VP3 equipped 1340 at 11.0-1 considering I have CAM2 available but I'd
assume 9.5-1 is pretty much as high as you could go on CR using today's garbage
octane unleaded premiums and a cast iron
head. Here again, Anton would be a good guy to ask along with his recommendation
for proper carb(s) to get plenty of flow
when the cam "comes in". Probably a 40DCOE (or 45DCOE) with 34 mm chokes.

Balance the whole rotating assembly to street tolerances.

BTW...I am assuming your 1098 is the stronger "CC" model with large bearings.

Otherwise, might as well find a used 1275 to build upon.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air