Re: Re: Friday in Ottawa

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Friday in Ottawa
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:41:16 -0500
In my case, it was not evident that there was such bad conditions.  I simply
drove to work, listened to the radio about the catastrophies and road closures,
and then left at the end of the work day and ran my usual errands which took
about 70 minutes instead of 60.

I've driven into a white out before though and understand what happens.
Suddenly, you're blind.  You want to stop, because you can't see where you're
going.  You don't want to stop, because you don't know if the guy behind you
will.  You know you have to stop because the guy in front of you probably did.
You don't know for sure which side of the road you're on and expect the same of
the oncoming traffic.  Add a powerful wind and black ice ( any ice, really! ).
Pray.

The police were asking motorists to stay home, if possible.  Too late for me
and mine though.