Re: [FOT] TR3/4 rear disc brakes

To: BillDentin@aol.com, triumph_marx@freenet.de, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] TR3/4 rear disc brakes
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 09:53:34 -0500
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
-----Original Message-----
From: BillDentin@aol.com

I always understood that the TR3S was purpose built for LeMans, and while it
looked like a TR3, was very 'special and distinctive'.

Anybody ever seen one? Are there any still around?

==AM==
Bill, I'm going strictly from memory here, but I'd always heard that the TR3S cars were essentially disposed of after the 1959 events, or at least the bodies were, to be replaced by the TRS bodies. I also seem to remember hearing that one of those TR3S fibreglass bodies has managed to survive. Since the wheelbase on those cars was six inches longer, any sort of recreation using that original body would involve some reworking of a stock TR3 chassis. ;-)

Of course, the four TRS cars all still survive (not counting the new replicas that Neil Revington has come up with).

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>

=== Help keep Team.Net on the air
=== http://www.team.net/donate.html