Re: I'll try again...

To: "David R. Steindorf" <dsteindo@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: I'll try again...
From: "Allen Hefner" <ajhsys@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:09:04 -0500
Do your homework BEFORE you go to the dealership.  Check the prices on
line.  For new cars, you can find the dealer invoice at multiple locations
on the 'net so you know what the dealer paid for the car.  He is holding a
few hundred dollars in "holdback" so at invoice he is still making money.
Always ask for another $500 off.  They may say no but you won't get it if
you don't ask.  And if it doesn't feel right, walk away and try another
dealer.

Used cars depend on condition.  If you are mechanically inclined, drive the
used car and listen for "expensive noises."  If you don't fix your own cars,
buy used from a new car dealership.  They usually only keep the best cars
and wholesale the shi...er...bad ones.  (That's what we do.)

Allen Hefner
Norristown  PA