Re: Machine shop chatter (no lbc)

To: RBHouston@aol.com, millerls@ado13.com, soavero@yahoo.com,spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Machine shop chatter (no lbc)
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:22:59 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob....

I am not so sure the "nearly 500%" figure refers to just Fortune 500 firms.

Fr'instance...
There are a lot of small biz wherein aliens
are employed where the people upstairs
are making good hay by per centage. I know of two such "estate care" biz in
Stamford where this is definitely the case if the houses/cars owned by the
owners is anything at all to go by. I mean I'm talkin'
million+ homes and Porschi/Ferrari, big
Hummer/large boat type stuff...big boy toys.

The article I refer to is in the current ALPA
issue located in a drawer at my desk at GE. I'll bring it home when I go in
tomorrow and post accordingly on Sat.

ALPA and it's affiliate IALPA does a tremendous amount of economic research
considering they rep airline pilots worldwide. They accordingly have to be in a
position to back up their stuff factually when they have "sit downs" with
management types, etc.

Ron (and others) think they are "bickering"
with me. They're not, as I'm only the messenger, not the originator. And I have
heard the "nearly 500 times" figure bantered about over the last year or so on
such financial shows as "Cavuto", etc. and
mentioned as well when Enron, Worldcom,
etc. execs were media darlings of the news in terms of comparisons with what
"average" 5th floor types were making
as compared to what these thieves were
making in terms of bonuses, stock options, etc. added on to salaries which were
less
than 1/2 their foregoing "perks".

When you talk "5th floor" income, salary can be but a small part of total annual
"compensation" which is most certainly not
the case for the average worker to anywhere near the extent it is for those up
top, if at all.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html