Re: Ebay Story (Long)

To: John Daniel Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Subject: Re: Ebay Story (Long)
From: "K. Valentine" <kevin@valentinephoto.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 19:14:58 -0500
On Mar 3, 2006, at 6:51 PM, John Daniel Caffrey wrote:
> . I tried mineral spirits
> and  MEK on a small area applied with a rag, and was only able to
> remove some of the light stuff

John,

I can't advise you on the eBay problem, but I believe that you could
get the overspray off the wheel using Acetone.  Use it on a rag and
wipe it gently with just a little pressure. Check to make sure it is
not removing the dye from the vinyl, (it usually does not).  I use
acetone often to remove dried paint and Sharpie marker.  I just
cleaned up a top boot cover that had 3 year old blue paint overspray
on it.

Hope this helps.

Kevin V.
Tamaqua, PA