Re: early Sprite/spridget belt question, also update on that

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: early Sprite/spridget belt question, also update on that
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 21:13:52 -0600
Frank
The bolt holes on the inner door sill and trans/driveshaft tunnel are I
believe as you describe.
It's the wheel arch brackets which are different. On the wheel arch there
are 2 studs an inch or two apart, I'm guessing they are 7/16" fine studs.
These are what the bracket attaches to for the top of the shoulder harness,
they are 3 point non-retracting belts.
There is a supplier named Andover which looks like it should be able to set
me up with what I need, maybe not 100% original but passable. I emailed them
to ask if they can make up a pair of what I need using a fabricated top
bracket, will keep list informed. Would rather not hook the top bracket to
just one of the studs, for reasons which may or may not be obvious.
Dan