Re: Question about engine removal

To: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Question about engine removal
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:50:01 -0500
David Ambrose wrote:

> OK, you all have talked me into pulling the engine and transmission. It
> doesn't look too bad except for lifing the engine. I see the lifting
> plate in front, but where do you attach to the engine in the back.?

I attach a chain to the rear mosr manifold bolt and the front most
t/stat cover bolt. Use one of the manifold thick washers over the chain.
I have also used the 2 rocker cover studs using the trunion washers as a
shim over the rocker. In either case, I remove the rovker cover because
I have dented one with the force on the chain.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ