Re: Question about engine removal

To: stargazer1@cox.net
Subject: Re: Question about engine removal
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 22:40:57 -0600
I have a couple of ratcheting tie-downs.  I loop one around the front of
the engine so that it is behind the "ears" of the front engine plate and
runs under the engine just in front of the oil pan.  Both hooks are
hooked into the engine hoist hook.

The other tie-down I hook into the hole in the top of the transmission
(after removing the rubber plug) and then into the engine hoist hook.  I
can then use the rear ratchet to adjust the length of that tie-down as a
crude leveling device.

Good thing about this arrangement is that you can do it trackside at a
race, since you've always got tie-downs handy, and usually someone brings
a hoist.

--David Littlefield