RE: very successful OSHIT day

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: very successful OSHIT day
From: "brian S" <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 21:02:20 -0500
Well Steve,

For a while there you looked a a bit worried. Every time you got one thing
fixed, something else BROKE! it got later and later and something else
cropped up. But, the OSHIT Experts
GOT ER DONE! An amazing crew.
Steve's car ran so fast when they were done that he changed the space time
continuum and got home before he left!
Franks, thanks for hosting and supplying. Sorry for making you late for
dinner and getting you in trouble. Tell Diane we're sorry for running late.
There were about 8 cars there getting work done on. From oil changes to tune
ups, to cable changes to 2 complete distributor rebuilds, coolant changes,
polishing, and bondo slinging.
Franks glass bead blaster ran almost non-stop. 4 valve covers got bead
blasted and powder coated, they all looked sweet when done. I still have
cramps in my hands. :-)
But I had a blast.

Thanks for letting me be involved.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer under resto

OSHIT Team:  Last thing first: I got home fine.

Frank:  Thanks for hosting the event.  Your "facility" made a lot of things
possible, and even easy, that couldn't be done at all elsewhere.

For myself, today was a whole lot more dramatic and ultimately beneficial
than I expected, to say the least.  I expected to cruise in, change my oil,
hang out for a bit, then ride home.  What I got was a 2 hour jaunt around
town in search of an oil filter that no one had - and a plumbing-supply
answer found at Home Depot, then the discovery that my car has probably been
running on three cylinders for the last four years, and then Lord Lucas
showed up, and there ensued a mighty struggle to track down "a really bad
short".  At least a few times over the course of the day I figured I would
be walking home, or something...  BUT, you all bailed me out big-time, from
carting me all over creation looking for something that I should have had
with me in the first place, to recognizing and then fixing a BIG problem I
didn't even know I had, to digging up spare hoses and cables to help things
along, to troubleshooting to resolution a bizzare electrical isse that
seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

And what I got at the end of the day was a car that runs a whole lot better
than it ever did.  Wow.  THANKS!

Steve