Re: Kent 276 vs SW5 Cam Comparison

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: Kent 276 vs SW5 Cam Comparison
From: "charlie shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:28:01 -0600 (CST)
I've built 2 1275's in the past 5 years.  One has a Kent 260 and the other
a Kent 276. Both are fine cams, the 260 has a DCOE on it with a mallory
dizzy, the 276 had the stock carb setup, but I had cleaned up the intake.
I like the "lop" in the idle of the 276 cam, Ithought it had nice power as
well.  This was a all street car, so I wasn'tlooking to race just wanted
more power.  I also had an LCB maniflow exaust to help things out. I
started with the stock exhaust, there was a very noticable  differance in
the way the engine performed just by adding the header alone. David Oliner
now has that Midget, so maybe he can chime in on the engine as he has more
miles in the seat that I did with it.  Also did the Paul A. seal fix on
it.

Good luck and have fun.

Charlie
OKC,OK