Re: Tire availability?

To: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tire availability?
From: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:14:35 -0500
Say what??? Why would you put that skinny durn tire on a Spridget??
You can actually get a 175 on a std rim, but they will wear in the
certain faster. I better bet is to use the lowest profile 165 you can
find. I have 175's on my Midget, but I also have 4.5" rims where as
the Roystyles are normally 4". With a car that handles as well as a
Spridget, put as much rubber on the road as you can. a 155/80 is a
tall skinny tire. Yea I know they are closer to original in looks,
but if you want original, find a bias ply tire (bet ya can't except
for lots o' bucks from Coker or the like).

Go get a low profile 165 or 175. The 175 "may" rub, depending on the
profile.

Good luck, have fun, and look for wider wheels.

Larry

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've
never actually known what the question is." - Douglas Adams

believed to be clean.