Re: Balls (said the king...and he laughed. Not because he had

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Balls (said the king...and he laughed. Not because he had
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:35:34 GMT
I dunno!

No plastic or supplementary balls shown in
any of my Weber stuff so I've really got no
real clue so I'm gonna take
a guess based on my current knowledge of
Weber systems.

Sounds like the PO "loaded" the accelerator
pump circuit to "delay" or "slow" response
time....or to "prevent" or "delay" high load/
rpm enrichment of the main mixture by artificially increasing the weight of the
the original steel balls? I mean there's no
way to go heavier on these by size 'cause
they wouldn't fit.

Either that, or the factory found itself in
possession of correctly sized but wrong
weighted steel balls and supplemented
same with specifically sized/weighted plastic ones for "correct" (calibrated)
action of the system (sounds dubious
but you never know!:).

You might try a call to Pierce Manifolds
and if they don't know, maybe they can point you in the right direction, Frank.

When you find out (assuming you do), let
us know.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)