Re: informal 948 survey

To: <judson@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: informal 948 survey
From: "Allen Kramer" <kramer.allen@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:48:59 -0500
Not sure what the 0-60 time is with the Judson. The car is up on blocks
waiting for a set of new tires. I did a check last summer with the G Tech
meter. The average horsepower at the rear wheels with the meter was 30 HP. I
would expect that number from a stock engine setup. I do know it is night
and day with the supercharger. Not sure about the accuracy of the meter.
Someday it would be nice to put it on a dyno.
The timing was set to stock. The whole idea when building the engine was to
try to keep it as close to stock. The supercharger was originally set up to
run on a stock engine.
The coating applied to the inside bore of the Judson supercharger is a PVD
(Physical Vapor Deposition) coating. I represent an injection molding house.
They have the barrels of the machines coated with this material to improve
flow of the material when injecting it into the molds. So I got to thinking
that if I reduce the friction between the blades and the bore I would reduce
the heat build up when running. The PVD along with the Torlon blades seems
to be working. Does anyone know if lower the operating temperature of the
blower lowers the required Octane requirement of the fuel?
Well that brings you up to date with where I am today. The blower is coming
up on 1000 miles and at some point maybe after this season of running it I
plan to tear it down for inspection.
Allen