Re: Differential Nut Removal

To: <JMFarley50@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Differential Nut Removal
From: "Guy R Day" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:17:34 +0100
These things can be a tad tight and sometimes require great effort to
release them.  I've lifted my not inconsiderable body weight on this nut
trying to release one before now.  Totally against the rules I've ended up
with a length of scaffolding bar over the bar on the 1/2" socket set used.
As you are hitting against the pinion bearings (wanted for re-use) the use
of an impact wrench was thought to be inappropriate.

Guy R Day
A-H Sprite MkIV