Re: Bugeye VIN Decoding

To: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>,
Subject: Re: Bugeye VIN Decoding
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 18:06:17 -0500
Mark,

Horler shows at least up to #8283 in Dec. of '58.  16894 would have been
made around April or May of '59.

Check your body number on the left door post.  It should be reasonably close
to your chassis number.

I did get the DMV in WI to change a number on my 72 Midget's title by having
it inspected by a local cop and having him sign a letter that I typed up
saying what the true number should be.  They had read a "G" as a "6".  In
fact, they had listed the motor number instead of the chassis number and had
it as a 73 instead of a 72 and it was an out-of-state title.  One letter
signed by a cop took care of it all.

Good luck,

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye
And a 67 Austin A60 Pickup about to make the big swim from New Zealand to
The U.S.

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."