Re: [ASSn] Huuuum????

To: Bruce Lowry <egnorant@dctexas.net>,
Subject: Re: [ASSn] Huuuum????
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:38:57 GMT
Yeah....I get your points, Bruce.

I work part-time security at a local GE Corporate. The whole evening cleaning
crew (1800-2000) consists illegal South Americans.

In the two years I've been there, very few
have missed an evening of work. All the
guys have day jobs. The few girls on the
team are full-time Moms who work part-
time while their full-time hubbies watch
the kids at home.

Their boss is the property owner's (Tishman-Speyer) Chief Engineer. Entered
the country legally years ago and became
a citizen. He throws a Xmas Party for the
cleaning crew every year in the site's cafeteria.

To the extent I know and see these people
they are just average nice people doing the
best they can with what they have. All are
hard-working, reliable, dependable family
types. All obviously came here to improve
their lives and that exactly what they are
doing on a daily basis.

This is the part that makes this tough and
makes me so damn angry with my Congressman/Government. You see...I
don't wanna see anything bad happen to
these fine hard-working people.

Yet, I am a law and order kinda guy and
favor "legal" over "illegal" any day, given
the choice, my human empathy and
emotions notwithstanding

I'd like to thank my irresponsible Congressmen and Government for putting
us all in this ridiculous "illegal immigrant"
situation.

Way to go you irresponsible, ignorant
corporate sell-out, dishonorable bastids.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)