windshield polishing; anything work?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: windshield polishing; anything work?
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <dang@ticon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:12:18 -0500
I have several marks where more than likely it was metal-on-glass from the
wiper blades. There seems to be a standard based on rubbing a fingernail
across the mark and either A) if your nail stops, the mark won't come out , or
B) if you can feel it, the mark won't come out. I can just barely feel these.
Tried a cheap $12 kit from Auto Zzzone, doesn't really seem to be doing
anything. It's called NicSand "5 minute" Auto Glass Resurfacing. You're tired
of this crap in about 5 minutes I think is where the name comes from. Here is
a link to a video on the system. I'm still on dial up so maybe in 1/2 hour I
can watch it.....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3588110288990939857&pl=true
Anyone have a good way to get these out? This coming winter I am thinking I'll
take the glass out so I can get the frame polished and anodized and can
consider replacing the glass then, but I have to have my car inspected to get
it licensed, will be happening later in May. Would like to just fix this one
up a little so it doesn't become a topic of discussion during the inspection.
Thanks
Dan