Re: [midgetsprite] Retirement Question

To: dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Retirement Question
From: RBHouston@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:54:16 EDT
In a message dated 5/4/2006 6:19:29 AM Mountain Standard Time,
dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

>  Malpractice insurance premiums account for about 2% of medical costs.
>  Limiting those costs will make a difference of less than 1/2 of 1%.   Big
> deal.

And that must be why more and more doctors are moving  out of Illinois to
Wisconsin so that they can afford the insurance.

We probably should move this discussion to the ASS list.

Larry, I don't mean this personally, so please don't take it that way, but
I've always admired the adage, "Figures lie and liers figure".

Having studied statistics a bit in college, I know you can use them in may
different ways to support many different views.

Malpractice insurance probably is only 2% of total medical costs, when you
count insurance, hardware, drugs, hospitals, ambulances, firefighters and other
 first responders, utilities, taxes, litgation, etc, etc, etc.

It is hard however , to believe the average doctor in America would give a
rat's patoot about anything that only cost him personally 2% of the revenue he
generated.

Yes, cutting these premiums would only save a small percentage of the
overall cost of having medical care in the US, but it would, I bet, cut the
doctors
charges portion quite a bit..or at least it could if they passed the  savings
on to us.

Robert  Houston
Texan in NM

73 MG Midget
74.5 MGBGT
63  TR4

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first  woman she
meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill  again...
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/23877.html#email)
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Unknown/) Marin  County newspaper's TV
listing for "The Wizard of
Oz"