Today's engine assembly tip

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Today's engine assembly tip
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 20:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
If you get a 4 bolt center main cap via one of the big-box LBC suppliers, bear
in mind that, while it does come from the distributor with incorrect directions
that a good machine shop will catch and correct (what they say is "forward" for
the cap cannot possibly be), it does not come with the tapped hole for the oil
pickup screen to mount to.  While not a showstopper, you might want to take
note of this before you bolt everything together and think you're done, except
for bolting on the oil pickup and oil pan (don't ask me how I know...).

  Soave
  Done for the night with the never ending engine assembly

Blab-away for as little as 1"/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.