Re: $400 Joe Curto carb rebuild

To: bmwwxman@gmail.com
Subject: Re: $400 Joe Curto carb rebuild
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 19:31:45 -0500
I'd have to go with Jim, here.  I wouldn't expect them to be polished
necessarily.  That's a whole different level from just rebuilding, and
one that is beyond "original."  Bead blasting wouldn't polish them or
remove the defects in the metal, it would just clean them.  I don't see a
reason to be upset with what I see in the pictures.  They may not be
prettified, but they should be functional.  If you were to buy the new
ones available they would also not be polished.  The price you paid for
what you got is pretty much the going rate, I'm afraid.

You have to think of these as car parts.  Would you expect a rebuilt
alternator to have a concours finish if all you asked for was a rebuilt
alternator?
David.