Joe Curto

To: " \"'Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net'\"" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Joe Curto
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:11:31 -0700
Somebody should have explained to me that criticizing Joe's work is
considered sacrilege. I'd never heard of Joe until a few months ago, and I
certainly didn't mean to upset so many of you. On his website, Joe states
that his carbs get " hand cleaning, and plastic media blasting plus acid
dipping if needed to even color".  I took that to mean that they would come
back looking at least as clean and shiny as a rebuilt carb from Pep Boys.
I wasn't expecting them to be polished - just clean.  I realize my
photography skills aren't the greatest, and that you can't see the vice
marks in the pictures...but they are there, and you can certainly see the
caked on crime, unless you just don't want to.  I'm going to clean the carbs
and move on. I apologize to all those I've offended...it wasn't intentional.
For the record, Joe emailed me today and offered to clean up the bells if I
sent the carbs back. I thanked him, but I can't see waiting two or three
weeks for the carbs to be shipped to NY and back just for five or six
minutes of cleaning, and I've already spent way too much time and energy on
this subject.
BZ