Re: Joe Curto

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Joe Curto
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 21:59:53 -0700 (PDT)
--- Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com> wrote:
> Please afendi.. what happened with Hagerty..

Back in 1998 or so, after a year in the Bugeye and a
lot of miles (10,000 or so; it had replaced a Lotus
Esprit as my daily driver after a rather spectacular
roadside pyro display by Colin's work).  The state of
Florida wouldn't register the car because I had no
electronic proof of insurance or something to that
effect (Jay would know).  I called Hagerty and they
said there was no such thing.  Later came to speak to
a "Hagery", and the old man had recently passed way.
and old man Hagerty was the guy who knew that stuff
and what to do and when.  Apparently mine fell through
the cracks, and worse, Florida was going to site me
for driving an uninsured vehicle all year.  It was
then that I also found out that I probably wasn't
covered in a lot of those 10,000 miles because I was
over-using the car.  Once we got passed all the "aw
shucks, you can take it anywhere" advice from Gomer on
the other end of the phone and got the regs in black
and white, driving haits curtailed significantly.
Hagerty is a different entitiynow than it was then.
Hey, lately I do business transitions for a living,
there's always something you miss.  You call the
customer, you tell him exactly what happened, you tell
him what you did to ensure it won't happen again to a
5th sigma of probsability, and you make good on your
mistake,  The average pissed off customer tells 3
people.  The average pissed off customer who gets it
redone right tells 7. At least before team.net came a
long, anyway.

Nisonger just flat out mangled a gauge and gave me an
exchange.

Ron Rico Recall Soave