Re: Some Questions for the list gurus...

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Some Questions for the list gurus...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:15:31 -0400
Jim Johnson wrote:

> 1) What is normal oil pressure on a 1275?  Mine reads about 70lbs at
> 2,000 rpm and above but drops back to around 40 at idle.

Perfect.

> 2) How reliable are the actual values on the oil temperature gauge?

I never had one steer me wrong in 35 years or any of the running 53
Sprites I have had.

> 3) What is normal water temperature on a 1275? Mine reads about 170
> - 190

Ok so 160 - 180 is perfect but 170-190 is where most run.

> 4) What causes the baulkiness and eventual stalling above?

Heat, just don't go slow ;)

> 5) If the heat problem above IS due to the lack of a heat sheild,
> where can I find one for my HIF44 carb?

Find a nice "NO PARKING" sign and cut it up.

> 6) I got new tires for my wires..........

Krylon metalic with clear over it looks real close, is cheap, available
anywhere and there are no shipping costs involved.
Eastwood Argent Silver is about perfect, not cheap, and more to ship it
to you than the Krylon costs.

Wire rubber bands can be made from the old inner tubes and some rubber
cement. Pep Boys had tubes for the healey on the shelf, well behind the
counter, 2 years ago. I got 13" tubes from them when I ran wires on a
Sprite some years back too.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ