Re: FW: Some Questions for the list gurus...

To: robertduquette@sympatico.ca, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Some Questions for the list gurus...
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 12:21:59 EDT
The electric fan will drop the coolant temperature but the air temp in the
engine bay will still be hot which is where the thermal barrier coating comes
in.  My experience of a louvred bonnet (to let heat out) was that it had a
smaller effect on reducing the problem than coating the inlet manifold with a
thermal barrier did.  Obviously with all 3 I don't have any cooling issues ever
and
no stumble after sitting in traffic for as long as you can mention.  On the
chassis dyno the dyno test man was very impressed with the very hot engine
re-starts - all down to the coating.

Daniel1312