Re: Pinion Gear

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pinion Gear
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:39:31 -0500
I just tightened mine to 140 ft-lbs using a lot of leverage. I used a big
pipe wrench on the back of the flange, with a big length of pipe over the
wrench handle that I wedged against the spring or spring bracket. Then I used
a 3/4" socket wrench on the nut with another long length of pipe on it. Then
I just cranked on it, then checked the torque with the torque wrench. Give me
a lever long enough and I can...

Bud Pazur

'60 Bugeye - Street Car - 1275cc - 'Whitey'
Race Bugeye - 948cc - 'Redd'
Race Spridget - 1275cc - 'SilverStreak'

"The Buddha ... resides as comfortably in the gears of a ...transmission as
he does in the petals of a flower."
     - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance