Bugeye Brakes

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Bugeye Brakes
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 19:46:22 -0500
Guys and Gals,

I hate being a pain in the ass but this brake thing has me pulling my hair
out.  Bugeye with disc brakes and late dual wheel cylinder rear drums.  New
everything, MC, Rotors, Calipers, hoses, pads and shoes.   When I bleed the
brakes I get a nice hard pedal but both of the front brakes won't release,
rears are fine.  My first thought is that the MC push rod is too tight, but
not so.  I have it set at between 1/8 and 1/4 of free play and the spring
pulls it back to the stop.  The MC is the new 7/8 Lucas from Pierce
Manifolds and many others.  I know it is retained pressure in the system
because I can loosen a bleed screw and then the rotors are free. There has
been comments that some MC's have a valve on the brake side to restrict
fluid flow, I see it in the Moss catalog under their rebuild kits.  I have
been hesitant to take the MC apart and look because others have said that
they have used the same MC without a problem.  What the hell am I missing?

Mark
Nashville