A35 alive again

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A35 alive again
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:41:04 -0700
The junkyard 1275 started for the first time last night.  No cooling system
yet so it only ran for 30 seconds, but it sounded smooth and nice.  I did the
usual 180 out of timing mistake that I seem to do as a habit.  I always forget
which of the half-dozen manuals I have has the timing gear placement written
up bass-akwards,  but the backfire into the manifold always sets me right.
The stock A35 radiator finally went in and created a new problem as there is
no room for the 6-bladed fan.  Electric fan in front of the rad is the only
answer, and it goes in tonight.  Test driving with rolling floor jacks serving
as front tires while the shocks are out would probably be a bad idea huh?
Looks like the Bustercluster beerwagon will be ontrack.

Glen