Re: Speedo Check Via GPS

To: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo Check Via GPS
From: "Robert A. Valentine" <robert@valentinephoto.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:46:10 -0400
Bud,

I did the same with the OSHIT BA2BE Rally car while getting it ready
for the rallye.  We had thought that we had a 4.2 rear and a 4.2
speedo in the car.  Upon using the GPS to record some trial data for
the rally, I noticed that the speedo was off about 8 mph at 50mph on
speedo.  I thought, "OK, we can adjust speed 8 mph on the rally."
Luckily, I noticed on another run that the speed was off 6 mph at
30mph on speedo.  This was what I found:

30 on speedo = 36 on GPS
40 on speedo = 47 on GPS
50 on speedo = 58  on GPS (proven by police Radar......don't ask)
60 on speedo = 69 on GPS
70 on speedo = 80 on GPS
75 on speedo = 86  on GPS That was the limit....  road was too bumby
for any faster.

It's progressive.

After some number crunching by the team members.... we found that we
had a 3.9 rear with a 4.2 speedo.

This all leads to: "Check the speedo at different speeds, if you are
unsure of the speedo."

Just my 2"

-
Rob Valentine