Re: Speedo Check Via GPS

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Speedo Check Via GPS
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:05:31 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, I'm sure that is more pertinent to level ground.  I am "dinged" with
delaying a train if I drive too slowly, but it is after the fact when they
read the tapes from the black box back in Fort Worth, Texas.  When I refer
to overspeed I am talking about safely operating a 7-10,000 ton train on a
downhill grade over 12 miles.  As we say, "It's not a race to the bottom".
 You just want to get there safely.  After that I am tasked with driving
at the legal operating limit dictated by maximum track speed, any speed
restrictions due to track condition, track repair gangs, etc.
Mike

Daniel1312@aol.com