Re: Chasing the Paul A curse

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Chasing the Paul A curse
From: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:27:36 -0500
Ok,

1.      have you measured the height of other springs and checked spring
tension with a scale or somesuch to see if somewhere along the line
someone bought a spring from Ace hardware that will fit but has
different specs?  different wire thickness or spring rate?

2.      Can you measure the diameter of the hole in the block?  Insert a
drillbit or something to compare size at the thimble and at the pan
side?

Lester

..