cooling a new 1275

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: cooling a new 1275
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:50:53 -0500
Joe wrote:

I'm wondering if I should take any measures to improve
cooling my new 1275 I'm putting in my 62. Should I
consider an improved radiator, oil cooler or electric
fan? I live where summer temps hit 100 regularly. Is
there an easy solution?

Joe -

I've been having overheating problems, and I tried a lot of things. Running
water with water-wetter is definitely a good thing. Running a blanking sleeve
helps a bit. A cooling fan did nothing (anybody want to buy a hardly-used
cooling fan?). THe best thing I did lately is switch out radiators. An old
one worked better than the new Mo$$.

Bud Pazur

'60 Bugeye - Street Car - 1275cc - 'Whitey'
Race Bugeye - 948cc - 'Redd'
Race Spridget - 1275cc - 'SilverStreak'

"The Buddha ... resides as comfortably in the gears of a ...transmission as
he does in the petals of a flower."
     - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance