Re[2]: Exhaust and tire questions for Bugeye

To: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Exhaust and tire questions for Bugeye
From: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 07:32:27 -0700
Hello Lester,

       my understanding (which i got from Paul A.) is something like
       this...

       the three things it takes for fire (backfire too) are fuel,
       heat and air..
       there is always unburnt fuel coming out the exhaust
       there is always heat coming out the exhaust..
       if there is an AIR leak (expecially at the joint between the
       header and the manifold) you have the condtions needed to make
       FIRE! .. fix the leak, the backfire goes away.. ..

       in my own case i had a "burble" on compression braking..
       retightened, refit that clamp thingy and the burble went away!

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com