Re: Spridget 50th

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Spridget 50th
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 22:45:11 -0400
Peter C. wrote:

> So.... anything happening? It should, SOON.
>
> Apparently the racing series is being arranged beginning in and around
> Wisconsin in late May, early June.
>
> For that reason I have made inquiries with a local smallish resort who
> have hosted some other car meets. I attended an MG GOF there a few years
> back. Does anyone have any better ideas?

I'll go where ever it is held.
Wisconsin is as good a place as any, closer than PA for many.
Booking a place should happen soon. A head count would be nice because
if you book a place for 50 and 200 attend.....
Or the other way around.
A registration fee for incidentals has to be determined.
Incidentals are mailings, paper, trophys, signs, insurance, special
guest's rooms and travel fees, hospitality rooms and refreshments,
Dash placques are nice but they cost $. And other fees for track or
timing equip for races/autocrosses. Lots to think about in a short time.
How long will the meet be?  2 days? 4? Over a weekend?
It should not be a money making event but it shouldn't cost some people
mega bucks either. Any profit could be donated to whomever.
$75-$125 would be a realistic fee, now add meals and rooms @ $125+ a day
and give people a heads up.
  A 4 day Spridget event will cost $700 for 4 days after you get there.
Alot less if you don't buy a tee shirt ;)
These are realistic numbers and some people would have to start saving
for such an event now, it is less than 2 years away.
Others need to make vacation plans with employers at least a year in
advance.
Food for thought.