tire availability

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: tire availability
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:13:19 -0700
Thanks for all the tips folks.  Here's the summary of 165/70/13 tires:
Yokohama..............backordered all aver the country
Sears.....................discontinued
Bridgestone.............can be ordered, but only in 165/65/13  (an option for
next time)
Goodyear................discontinued

and finally, for those who suggested Cooper.....A WINNER!!!
I found two of them just a few miles away that can be mounted today.

I had just swapped out the offset trunnion bushes as too much trouble (with
their desire to rotate to a new setting all by themselves), and when I put the
old centered style of bushes in place, I threw off the toe-in and wrecked the
two front tires before I figured it out.

Thanks as always...

Glen Byrns