Re: tire availability

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tire availability
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:07:58 -0700
>for those who suggested Cooper.....A WINNER!!!
Cooper has started using very hard rubber compounds to increase treadware.
That can be very dangerous on a light car.  I put a set of their 175/70-13's
on my CRX last year and took them back after about two miles. I slid across
two lanes making a 25mph turn, and everytime I touched the brake pedal, the
wheels locked. I made the store take them back and replace them with HTR
200's and now the car handles great again.  The Coopers were the exact same
size and model as the old set I was replacing, but they had extended the
treadware warrantee in the interim. The older Coopers handled very well, but
the new ones are extremely dangerous.
BZ