Re: [Spridget50th] Spridget 50th

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridget50th] Spridget 50th
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:32:48 -0700
Wm. Severin Thompson wrote: "Rockford, IL, in conjunction with VSCDA's
Blackhawk Classic. It's an hour and a half from Peter's place in Madison
and an hour and a half from the Dream Farm... in case we have some pre
or post race activities."

But what is there to offer those Sprite owners in America who have no interest
in racing?  Or those who would like to see and/or participate in some low-key
events, or who want to be a part of a milestone and to look and admire
non-racing cars?  What non-Sprite/automoive activities would there be to hold
the interest of wives or children who do not have the same interests of the
husband or dad?  Again, it would be piggybacking for the sake of pigglybacking.

Could the average Sprite/Midget owner justify to his spouse the cost and time
involved?  Racing may be a hobby for the more affluent, but not necessary
owning, for owning is still a hobby that most people and a youngest generation
of potential owners can afford.

I strongly suspect that to casually write off these issues would be to write
off the majority of Sprite/Midget owners in America, let alone overseas.

Just a few random thoughts.

Buster Evans