RE: concrete for shop slab/some LBC (floor coatings)

To: "'Charlie Shelden'" <shelden3@pldi.net>,
Subject: RE: concrete for shop slab/some LBC (floor coatings)
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 08:57:30 -0500
Hi Charlie,

I put in the Rustoleum Garage Epoxy a couple of years ago when I moved in,
and it has held up great!  I've been extremely happy with it.  But just a
note, if there are any spots that will be in direct sunlight a lot, those
spots will fade.  I painted out an extra inch past the garage door to the
concrete seam, and that part has faded pretty bad.

Another point to consider is that you'll need to let the concrete cure for
several months before you are able to put on an epoxy coating.  It is not
something that can be applied immediately after pouring.  And, once the
concrete is ready to be prepped and painted, you'll have to leave the newly
painted floor alone for at least a week to allow the epoxy to completely
bond and cure.  Otherwise you'll get the paint lifting and other stuff
that's not too much fun.

Congrats on the building!  That sounds like something I need to put in down
here at El Rancho Greg.  :)

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Driftwod, TX