Re: Engine Hoist

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Hoist
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:16:03 -0500
Frank wrote:

I know Ron and I can slide an engine in a Bugeye with a floor jack and
our arms.
Besides, adjusting a Bugeye bonnet requires one to be INSIDE the engine
bay, no engine in there at this time. Said person tightens the bolts
when the outside person tells him it's good.
Now where do you put a hoist once the bonnet is on and adjusted?
Floor jack time

OK - I really want to know how this is done. Seriously. I've always put the
engine and trans in with a hoist, then put the bonnet on and adusted it with
great difficulty and many uttered expletives. Since I am probably going to
pull the engine and trans this winter, and switch the tranny, I'd really like
to know the details. I assume you have the engine and trans bolted together.
How does the jack get them into the engine compartment? Or is this where the
'arms' come into play. The two of you can lift the combo over the radiator
uprights and into the bay? Is a hoist involved at all in the process? Thanks.

Bud Pazur

'60 Bugeye - Street Car - 1275cc - 'Whitey'
Race Bugeye - 948cc - 'Redd'
Race Spridget - 1275cc - 'SilverStreak'

"The Buddha ... resides as comfortably in the gears of a ...transmission as
he does in the petals of a flower."
     - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance