Re: Weber DGV Installation Question

To: "Mark Endicott" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Installation Question
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:19:24 -0500
Let me rephrase a little.  You don't absolutely NEED the rings.  But,
if you manifold doesn't have holes or notches where the mounting bolts
go, then you probably should have the rings to keep the ports aligned.
 You can just bolt the manifold in place without the rings, but you
have to be careful and watch to make sure the ports line up.
What year is your motor?
I have a factory intake for a 1275 that I can send you with the rings
still in it.
Or, I could pull the rings and send them.  But, pulling them out would
probably damage them somewhat.
You CAN put it together without the rings and make your Sonic run.
Why not keep the Weber?  If you don't want the Weber and manifold I'll
gladly trade you something for it.