Re: Temp Gauge Wiring

To: "Gregory Groiss" <ggroiss@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Temp Gauge Wiring
From: "David Riker" <davriker@digitalpath.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:08:22 -0700
Actually, there is a voltage regulator behind the dash that supplies voltage
to the Fuel Guage.  It delivers a constant regulated voltage ( I think
around 9 volts, but I'm not exactly sure).  Tap into the light green w/green
tracer wire.  You need to use this as the source for the supply side of the
temp gauge.  If you try to run your electric temp gauge from a 12v source,
the readings will be false, and on the hot side, and they will vary,
because, sometimes, your 12v system is actually at 14.2 volts, and then when
your heater fan, headlights, and wipers are all on at the same time, you are
at 12.8 volts.
David Riker
davriker@digitalpath.net
http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg